Thank you for
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our web site.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
1. The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university''s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our site;
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
3. The date and time you access our site;
4. The searches you make;
5. The pages you visit; and
6. If you linked to National Families in Action from another web site, the address of that web site.
We use this
information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn
about the number of
We do not track or record information about the identity of individuals and their visits.
Our web server may write a small file on your computer -- a "cookie." This cookie file allows our web server to facilitate your visit to our site if you visit again. Other than this cookie, and the 6 items described above, we do not obtain any information from you or the computer you use to access National Families in Action.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you send us e-mail, or send a message via our "feedback," your identity and the contents of your message is covered by The Privacy Act. Be assured that:
1. The information will not be shared with anyone who is not on the staff of National Families in Action.
2. Your e-mail
address will not be provided to any third party or used for any electronic
mailing lists Government or private.
5. National Families in Action does not collect information for commercial marketing.
The only exception to the above 5 points would be pursuant to a bona fide Court Order.
We will use your information to:
1. Consider your suggestions.
2. Possibly respond directly to you for clarification.
3. Try to answer your questions.
Links to Other Sites
We urge parents and teachers to be involved in children''s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online.
Questions About National Families in Action
Ms. Sue Rusche
or Ms. Paula Kemp at
Use of Our Material or Information
All text materials on National Families in Action's website are copyrighted. Browsers are welcome to download those materials that are published by National Families in Action, provided that the source is appropriately credited as follows:
However, reproductions of newspaper articles may not be downloaded. We have obtained permissions from newspapers to reproduce their materials and, when required, we have paid fees to reproduce their materials on our website. Those permissions do not extend to others. Please contact those sources for permission to reprint or reproduce their materials. If you have any permission questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Site Map Privacy
© Copyright 2001 National Families in Action. All rights reserved.
Questions? Write to email@example.com.